Wednesday 17 November 2010

Wristy business...



I love fabric covered bangles, but I can't justify spending over £10 on these, plus they always look better if you wear a couple at once, and that is easily £20 out of my near-empty purse. So I got a couple of charity shop plastic bangles for 50p each and re-fashioned them into something I'd be happy to wear on my wrist. All I did was cut a strip of pretty fabric slightly longer than the circumference of the bangle and twice as wide, then smothered the outside and inside of the bangle with PVA and stick the fabric onto it, tucking the edges into the inside of the bangle, then I gave the fabric another coat of PVA to seal it, left it to dry overnight and it was good to go.

1 comment:

Roxy said...

This is such a good idea, I think I'll make this around christmas as a little treat. I've got one bangle knocking around that I don't like.

Also that fabric is pretty.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin